How to Start an Event Management Company in Dubai, UAE
Dubai is now a premier destination for business meetings, international conferences, and trade exhibitions. Did you know that the Dubai World Trade Centre hosts events that generate a massive AED 13 billion in revenue every year? This alone amounts to 3.3% of the Gross Domestic Product of Dubai. But that is not all. Dubai is also home to premier sporting events like the Dubai World Cup, the Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon, the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai, and the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
There is a huge potential for event management companies in Dubai. They maintain strong relations with Public Relations agencies, media houses, players in the travel and tourism industry, experiential marketing agencies, social media agencies and so on.
How to Register an Event Management Company in Dubai
Since it is not easy to draw the line between business and tourism – as a lot of business visitors also engage in tourism activities during their time in Dubai – it is recommended that you get a Business License from the Department of Economy and Tourism, Dubai. This will allow you to organize everything yourself instead of having to depend on a licensed tour operator whenever business visitors want to indulge in some sightseeing or simply enjoy everything that the United Arab Emirates has to offer.
You need to first think of a name for your event management company. It must not contain any religious terms or the names of countries/cities. However, the names of geographical regions and nationalities can be a part of the trade name. It cannot begin with a term like ‘Global’ or ‘International’. A first name may be used only if it is the first name of one of the shareholders in the event management company. A business setup consultant can help you out with more information – which is why you should get one.
There is more a business setup consultant can do. He/She can run a search to see if the name you have in mind for your event management company is available or not. In case it is available, he/she can reserve the trade name so that when you apply for company registration, it will be allotted to you and not anyone else who may have applied for the same trade name before you. He/She will also draw up the company formation documents and get them notarized so that they have legal standing in the UAE.
List of Documents Required for Starting an Event Management Company in Dubai
- Copies of the passports of all shareholders
- Copies of the pages where Residence Visa or Visit Visa is stamped for those already in the UAE
- Emirates ID of those already resident in the UAE
- No Objection Certificate from current Local Sponsor, if already a resident of the UAE
This is only an indicative list and not exhaustive in nature. Sometimes, additional documentation may be required, such as proof of residence in your currently reside in a country other than your country of citizenship – this could be a bank statement or an utility bill.
How to Open an Event Management Company in Dubai
- Choose a name for your company, albeit one that will be approved.
- Draw up the company formation documents, allocating shares to each owner.
- Get the company formation documents notarized by a Notary Public.
- Decide on a physical location for your event management company.
- Enter into a Tenancy Agreement with the owner of the premises.
- Register the Tenancy Agreement so that it becomes a Tenancy Contract.
- Apply for company registration and a business license
- Receive a payment voucher outlining the necessary fees to be paid.
- Make the payment, get company registration & business license.
Why Choose FlyBiz for Opening An Event Management Company in Dubai?
At FlyBiz, we have years of experience helping open companies on the mainland as well as in free zones. We have been of professional assistance to clients from 100 countries around the world and have a 95% client satisfaction rate so far. Our experts have been handpicked for their expertise in Business Consulting, Tax Advisory, Legal, and Corporate Finance. For more information on how we can help you set up an event management company in Dubai, please call +971 55 113 4789 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org