How to Open a Spa in Dubai, UAE
Dubai is home to 3.33 million residents, plus millions of international visitors. At the time of writing, it is estimated that the annual number of international visitors to Dubai will exceed 16 million by the end of 2022. Most of these visitors come to Dubai for tourism or business, and a spa – where one can pamper himself/herself – caters to both crowds. People can never say no to a good spa.
There are a few things you must be aware of when opening a spa
- The spa must have different areas for the various services it offers. For example, manicures must be done in a separate area from pedicures. There must be dedicated areas for massages, hair removal, hair straightening and hair treatment etc.
- There must be a signboard that is placed prominently in front of your spa.
- The distance between the floor and the ceiling must be more than 2.3 metres.
- Dressing chairs must be at least 3.5 metres wide and 3 metres in height – these are the minimum requirements.
- There must be a washbasin near the facial treatment area.
- Your spa must have running hot water, so the installation of a water heater may be necessary.
- There must be adequate lighting for a smooth spa process.
- All hair-removing instruments must be fireproof.
- All towels and cosmetics must be stored in cupboards and drawers.
- You must have disposable bedsheets to cover the beds after use.
- All furniture must be clean and maintained thus at all times.
- If you use any machines, they must be approved by the Dubai Health Authority.
- All cosmetics / personal care products used must have been approved by the Product Safety Division of the Dubai Municipality.
What Documents Are Required for Opening a Spa in Dubai, UAE?
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your visa, if already in the UAE
- Proof of residence in your country of origin or country of residence
These must be submitted for every individual shareholder. A business setup consultant can advise you on the documentation required. He/She is also capable of running a name search to see if the name you have in mind for your spa is available. If yes, he/she proceeds to assist you with drawing up the company formation documents, which must be submitted to the authorities.
Why Choose FlyBiz for Opening a Spa in Dubai, UAE?
At FlyBiz, we will help you rent the right space for your spa. We will also assist you get a Trade License for your spa, along with visas for your staff. We will be with you at every step of the way. We will even help you open a bank account so that you can make and receive payments with ease – owing to strict anti-money laundering regulations, this is not an easy affair in the United Arab Emirates